Harleen Deol | Matches, Age, family, Education, net worth
Harleen Deol’s Biography
Cricket player Harleen Kaur Deol’s birthdate is on June 21, 1998. She is an attacking right-hand batter who occasionally bowls right-arm leg spin for Himachal Pradesh. Harleen Deol’s zodiac sign is Gemini. Harleen Deol’s hobby is watching movies and dancing.
She became the second cricketer from Chandigarh to play for India after Taniya Bhatia when she made her Women's One Day International (WODI) debut for India against England on 22 February 2019 at Wankhede in Mumbai. She made her Women's Twenty20 International (WT20I) debut against England on 4 March 2019. Harleen made her Women's T20 Challenge debut for Trailblazers on.
She was selected for India's team in January 2020 in preparation for the 2020 ICC Women's T20 World Cup in Australia. During the Twenty20 series against England in July 2021, Deol performed an incredible catch while dodging the boundary rope and went viral. Because of the catch, she received acclaim from both Sachin Tendulkar and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In July 2022, she was selected to play for India in the cricket competition at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
Claim Your FREE Celebrity Shoutout
Harleen Deol’s Childhood and Harleen Deol’s Education
Harleen was born into a Sikh family. Harleen Deol’s birthplace is Chandigarh, Punjab. Harleen Deol’s mother is Charanjit Kaur Deol and her father is Baghel Singh Deol. Her mother works for the government, and Harleen Deol's father is a businessman. In Mohali, Punjab, India. Harleen Deol’s brother is Manjot Singh Deol (Doctor). Harleen attended The Yadav Indra Public School (YPS Mohali), a private day and boarding school. She enrolled in Mehr Chand Mahajan (MCM) DAV College for Women in her hometown of Chandigarh after finishing high school.
In the shorter formats of the game (ODIs and T20Is), Harleen Deol, an Indian professional cricketer, batted in the middle of the order. She played a key role in the Indian team's advancement to the 2020 ICC Women's World T20 final, which marked India's first appearance in this round of the competition. She was also an important part of the Indian team that took home the Silver medal in the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
It was the first time that women's cricket had been featured at the Commonwealth Games and only the second time that cricket had been played there; a men's competition had previously been included at the 1998 Kuala Lumpur edition. Harleen has participated in all three formats for Himachal Pradesh in the home Indian circuit (2013–14–Present). She has played for the Women's T20 Challenge's Trailblazers (2019–2020) and Supernovas (2022–Present) in franchise-based T20 leagues.
Talk To Similar Celebrities
Harleen Deol’s Career
She debuted for Punjab in domestic cricket in 2010. Due to her father's employment later that year, she was forced to relocate to Himachal Pradesh. She then started representing Himachal Pradesh in cricket. Harleen began competing for HPCA at the age of 13. She played her first T20 match for Himachal Pradesh in 2013. She competed for North Zone in the under-19 cricket team in 2015.
In the first T20I match at Northampton on Friday, India's Harleen Deol took one of the most spectacular catches in women's cricket history to dismiss England batter, Amy Jones.
Against England, Harleen Deol played in her first ODI for her country. She debuted in the IPL that year and represents Trailblazers. She was even selected for the women's T20 World Cup in 2020.
Harleen Deol’s Net Worth
The cricketer from India, Harleen Deol. For Himachal Pradesh, she is a player. She bowls right-arm leg spin occasionally in addition to being an aggressive right-handed batswoman.
According to the BCCI, Harleen Deol plays women's cricket at the Grade C level. She earns a salary of about Rs. 20 to 30 lakh per year and has a net worth of between $1 and $5 million. Deol has additionally promoted a few sports-related companies.
Harleen Deol’s Achievement
- In the 2019 IPL, Harleen Deol won the Stylish of the Match Award.
Harleen Deol’s Interesting Facts
- Child prodigy Harleen began playing cricket at the age of 7 and participated in her first inter-school under-19 cricket match at the age of 8.
- Initially, she would play cricket with boys close to her home, which would frequently draw jeers from neighbors. But Harleen's family wholeheartedly supported her choice to take up cricket seriously.
- She became the second female cricketer from Chandigarh, following Taniya Bhatia (debut international match in February 2018), to represent India in a senior international match when she made her ODI (and international) debut in February 2019.
- Deol achieved her maiden hundred in a 2015 interzonal competition versus the East zone.
- Apart from cricket, she played basketball and Football during her school days.
- Harleen idolizes Shane Warne and Sachin Tendulkar as a cricketer.
- She likes to watch movies and loves to sing in her free time.
- She likes Punjabi songs and her favorite singer is Gurudas Maan.